Building 465 was built in 1930 as a hospital, with Classical design and detailing, and is part of the National Historic Landmark District. The building retains significant historic integrity, clearly portraying its 1920s character. Yaeger Architecture designed the adaptive reuse and wrote the prescriptive RFP used for the design-build construction award. During construction Yaeger served as technical reviewer.
Completed in 2011
Keeping the historic nature of the building in mind, the building was brought up to current code. LEED Gold Certification was achieved, as was full compliance with EPACT 2005. The design accommodates fourteen classrooms, a Network Operations Center (NOC) and spaces for the Civilian Education System (CES). Included in the project is a parking lot north of the old Disciplinary Barracks complex.
The Army Management Staff College Renovation received recognition by the U.S. Corps of Engineers Chief of Engineers Awards of Excellence 2012 Merit Award for Restoration. This project also acknowledged with a 2012 Honor Award for Excellence from the Kansas Preservation Alliance, Inc. and with a DBIA 2012 Honor Award.